- All-Weather Natural Grass Field
- Headless Athletic Field Irrigation System
- Expansive Synthetic Turf Quadrangle
- Largest Capacity High School Stadium
- Largest Contiguous Synthetic Turf Complex
- NCAA Division I Synthetic Turf Baseball
- Secondary School Synthetic Turf Baseball
- Revolutionary Channel Drain Safety Edge
Expansive Synthetic Turf Quadrangle
The Hempfield School District features a centralized campus, accommodating elementary, middle, and high schools on one site. This compacted educational mecca fostered the need for a well-organized, comprehensive athletic facility program. In assessing field usage and quality of existing facilities during our master planning exercise, Architerra determined the need for a synthetic turf quadrangle for maximum flexibility in use. The double field “mini-stadium” could be used by all students within the school district, enabling other fields to “rest” from over usage.
Constructed in 2007, this was the first synthetic turf quadrangle built in Pennsylvania and accommodates two full regulation soccer, field hockey, and boys’ and girls’ lacrosse fields.