- All-Weather Natural Grass Field
- Headless Athletic Field Irrigation System
- Expansive Synthetic Turf Quadrangle
- Largest Capacity High School Stadium
- Largest Contiguous Synthetic Turf Complex
- NCAA Division I Synthetic Turf Baseball
- Secondary School Synthetic Turf Baseball
- Revolutionary Channel Drain Safety Edge
Largest Contiguous Synthetic Turf Complex
With its land-locked high school campus, the Kennett Consolidated School District sought resourceful utilization of its off-campus property. Architerra designed a contiguous, multi-purpose synthetic turf complex of more than three, maximum-sized, regulation athletic fields for the sports of soccer, lacrosse, and field hockey. The synthetic turf also features an overlay of two softball fields and an area for additional sports drill or practice space. The design presents built-in flexibility for multiple configurations of sport combinations and athletic field use.
Architerra devised a creative strategy for ball control netting, allowing for the simultaneous use of all three fields. Tactile thinking was also implemented with the development of new details for installing softball bases within the synthetic turf. With the construction of this synthetic turf complex, “Legacy Fields” became the largest contiguous synthetic turf complex in Pennsylvania, when it was completed in 2007.